New Sites

Hey readers of my blog,

I have been working on two other sites so I won't be updating this site for a while now; you can continue reading from my blogs at:

1. Dreams of Your Heart

2.Leadership With You

Friday, May 18, 2007

Learning to appreciate Singapore

I just took 2 Nigerians around a little of Singapore, from MDIS to Clarke Quay to buy a camera and then to my place for cell group.

They really made me appreciate Singapre more. Haha.

They kept talking about how great Singapore was.

"The buildings are so fine!", they say. "In Nigeria you had to find a place to take a good picture of buildings, but in Singapore you can do it anywhere!"

Now that made me look at the sights I had been looking at all my life. Haha. It really did open up my eyes. Sometimes it's just that we have lived here for so long that we stop 'smelling the roses'.

"Singapore is such a small island and it has no resources, but yet it is already such a develped coountry! Nigeria has oil, gold and all that, but yet it is still developing..."

Now once again that made me think about the achievements of our forefathers. It's really a fear that they managed to do this.

Though it was only a 2 hour 'excursion' per se, but i think i learnt alot from them about my own country. Haha. And of course, theirs too.

No comments: