New Sites

Hey readers of my blog,

I have been working on two other sites so I won't be updating this site for a while now; you can continue reading from my blogs at:

1. Dreams of Your Heart

2.Leadership With You

Sunday, February 10, 2008

Sunday's Message

It was a superb message on Sunday.

Pastor talked about the role of husband and wife in marriage, but more so the husband.

As men, we must be the visionary, the spiritual leader and the figurehead in the home. What was more interesting was the story on Genesis 38.

More interesting than Channel 8 soap operas. Haha.

The failure of men to play their roles in women's lives be it father, husband, brother, it causes women to start fighting for what is rightfully theirs.

They become scheming, manipulative, cunning in order to obtain what is theirs. And guess what, God holds the man responsible when this happens to a girl, or a lady.

In the same way God held Adam responsible for what happened in the Garden of Eden, he's holding the men responsible for what happens to the sisters, daughters, wives placed into our lives.

It reminded me of what I read in Wild at Heart. It said that when men fail to rise up to their position of leadership, women in order to protect themselves, build a fortress around themselves.

They become hardened on the inside, aggressive, wanting to play the masculine role. In short, they lose their feminitiy when men don't play their part in their lives.

And I dunno, I think its probably true. When I see a girl that's feminine, it usually comes to me that the girl had been well sheltered, well protected in her youth. And contrary to what I was thinking before, that they were just being spoilt, this femininity actually brings out their beauty.

Of course, I don't want to risk going to the extreme saying its a virtue to be spoilt. Nonetheless, if the men would play their roles in a girl's lives of being the visionary, the spiritual leader and figurehead and their lives, it's where the girl is able to blossom in her soul as a woman.

There's beauty in that vulnerability in a woman.

On the other hand, (I'm going to start a debate, especially in the current culture), when we see a girl acting the masculine role in a relationship, or find herself unable to play the feminine role, it's due to a failure of the men in her lives.

So men. Must rise up. Don't let your sisters have to play self-preservation. To have to play the guy. (There are situations where they should be playing the role of the leader, but it should never be the case where they have to.)

Another revelation: Ephesians 5:25 Husbands, love your wives, just as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her

I suddenly remembered how no matter how bad we have been, God still loves us. And as pastor mentioned, we are to our wives, as Christ to us where He first loved us, therefore we love Him.

I am reminded how many times we have broken God's heart, and how no matter how many times our wives hurt us, we must be the man. And let love of God cover the sin(Proverbs 10:12). In the same way God forgives us 7x7, so must be to our wives. In the same way Jesus died for us, so must we be ready to lay down our lives for our wives.

I imagine that kind of love God has for us. Ha... now when we bring it down to that perspective. I suddenly get it. God's love is really amazing.

I imagine where we must find that love, not the human love, but the love of God. We really need to rise up in this area.

No comments: