New Sites

Hey readers of my blog,

I have been working on two other sites so I won't be updating this site for a while now; you can continue reading from my blogs at:

1. Dreams of Your Heart

2.Leadership With You

Sunday, February 3, 2008

Week 4

in school has just passed and CNY is coming. Praise the Lord! =) Always look forward to this time for the year, for very practical reasons. Haha.

Daniel today sent me an sms as encouragement regarding taking up leadership in Uni-Y:
I know its not ez and you're paying the price for it.

I thought.. I never really thought that it was a sacrifice. True, I'm going to miss exchange even though I'm covered. I'm going to stop doing my website periodically the see things happening, but I felt,

Nothing means more than knowing that you're in the will of God, and that God is with you all the way. With that, nothing cannot be sacrificed for Him. As Moses said, if Your presence does not go with us, then I will not go.

There is a joy being in God's will, fulfilling the call which He has called you to.

Praise the Lord.

This week, someone managed to do something to me which very little people have managed to do: get me pissed.

it's my Entrepreneurship and Biz Creation prof.

It's the ideas pitching session and we were supposed to present 7 ideas to him.

And he conveniently shot down all 7 of them. And I think he's secretly proud of it.

He uses arguments like "there's uncertain demand.. I don't think it'll work"

"Hmmmmmm... I don't think I'll use it ( baby planning)" DOHHHHHH.

"It's so expensive...But if your dad owns the building and you don't have to pay the rent, then its a good business idea." Seriously. I'm not kidding.

The one that really pissed me off was when we were talking about the baby planning.
He asked Claire, now if you have question with a baby problem what would you do?

"Ask my mum"

" THERE. MOVE ON! Next idea."

That's like saying ( before the plane was invented)," how do you get to KL from singapore. Oh I take the bus." "THERE, SEE the idea of the plane is totally unfeasible!"

God.

This guy is like some weirdo stuck in an ivory tower in some wilderness ( another way of saying academic field. Haha) and coming out into civilization and telling people how to live their lives.

I'm totally okay if he shoots down 7 ideas with good basis. But he doesn't.

He uses his feelings to gauge. He uses the fact whether he himself will use it to gauge a business idea. Goodness.

Roar!

Well, he succeeded in pissing me off.

Another interesting discovery about myself. I was doing consulting for project for Welson, who was the boss of Express Print, and he was sharing his experiences on how he did business and stuff like that. And I was really burning on the inside.

It's like I felt in my heart," This is it. This is you."
I think its kinda that feeling when Jesus opened the Old Testament and slowly realized that the Scriptures was talking about Him, through that prompting by the Holy Spirit.

Same with me.

I think I'm called to be an entrepreneur. Life is just so exciting as an entrepreneur. Haha the fun is really in the making of the money, not the spending.

No wonder I have a detest for ivory tower professors who impose their ideas about business on us.

No comments: