New Sites

Hey readers of my blog,

I have been working on two other sites so I won't be updating this site for a while now; you can continue reading from my blogs at:

1. Dreams of Your Heart

2.Leadership With You

Sunday, July 15, 2007

This Week in Bible School

This week was an amazing week in Bible school. We moved powerfully in the gifts of the Holy Spirit.

Indeed, I had my first experience with using the gifts on Tuesday. Pastor asked everyone to move in the gift of the word of knowledge and prophecy. Basically this means to ask a word from God for the person you are praying for, so that God can speak and encourage the person through you. He asked us to find someone whom we totally never spoken to before. I turned around to this guy whom I saw in SOT but totally never talk to before..

Pastor then asked us to pray for the person and ask God for a word the person I was praying for.. So I did... So when I started praying and asking God for a word, this vision of a lady flashed past me, and then a Bible verse came to me " Death and life are in the power of the tongue.." ..

So I spoke to him telling him that there may be relationship that has been broken because of some words that he had said, and that God wants to restore this relationship...

And what's cool is that, later i checked with him after I was done.. and because I wasn't sure if the vision was from God so when I spoke to him I said 'person', so I asked him if it was a lady, he said yes!.. Haha, he said he had a broken trust issue with his cell group leader..

Haha I was so estatic after that.. I realized that its not about what I can do, but exercising the gift of prophecy and word of knowledge really is just waiting on God. All I have to do is to pray and God will give me the word! But one thing I learnt is that it's very easy to doubt.. all my fellow classmates who done, their first response to an impression by God is a," Huh, cannot be la..."

I also have another friend who shared with me someone prophesied over her and said that she will be going into business and fashion industry... and this friend of mine said she had totally no desire of doing that, so she just left it aside. until on the way home, she was being fetched by her dad and her dad asked her if she considered doing business.. probably in the fashion industry...

She said her jaw just dropped. Haha... She shared that it's so amazing, cos her dad never talks to her about this kinda stuff until that day... I told her to go find about the fashion industry, cos if God says it twice, then she better go look into it.. Haha...

Alot of people like to reduce Christianity to moral philosophies and ideals, which is something that people can digest. But the truth is, the Christian faith is a supernatural faith, and the whole hope of the Christian faith is based on the supernatural resurrection of our Lord Jesus Christ.

As Paul in the Bible says,"For the kingdom of God is not in word but in power."

And Jesus says signs and wonders will follow those who believe. Our faith is a supernatural accompanied by supernatural signs and wonders. If we take the supernatural from the Bible, we are left with a book which doesn't make sense at all.

No comments: