New Sites

Hey readers of my blog,

I have been working on two other sites so I won't be updating this site for a while now; you can continue reading from my blogs at:

1. Dreams of Your Heart

2.Leadership With You

Wednesday, March 5, 2008

I've been really busy with Uni-Y stuff for the past few weeks, with the clubhouse.

We didn't get through to the second round. =/
I think everyone felt slightly discouraged, especially when we brought so much expertise to the table.

Personally I feel that the judges were too concerned with a variety of menu and the management: details which I thought coud be settled through a few meetings.

But I felt they neglected the fact that we had expertise on food and F&B business, and people who are very concerned about customer service; and not so concerned about the bottom line.

But it's alright. It's nothing personal, it's just business. Heh.

I believe the business world is bigger than the SMU Clubhouse. It got lots of energy to be directed to other ventures as well, and especially so the Citibank-YMCA Youth for Causes, which will sponsor $10k for a sustainable social enterprise.

I'm listening to a sermon by Pastor Phil now... "BUT GOD!"

No matter what, we must never neglect the But-God factor in the things that we do.

The Pharisees wanted to kill off Jesus for one final time, BUT GOD...

Haman wanted to kill off the Israelites and Queen Esther, BUT GOD...

Daniel was thrown into the Lion's den by corrupt officials in the Babylonian Empire, BUT GOD...

Saul wanted to kill off David who was going to take his kingship, BUT GOD...

The world will stop us from having a presence in SMU, BUT GOD...

We may not be able to take the clubhouse, BUT GOD... will have better doors for us to enter!

No matter how the circumstances seem against us, against God's work, we must never forget the "BUT GOD" factor in our lives. When we come to our end, there God begins to move His hand. Where we stop, God starts.

In our weakness, God's power is made perfect! =)

No comments: