New Sites

Hey readers of my blog,

I have been working on two other sites so I won't be updating this site for a while now; you can continue reading from my blogs at:

1. Dreams of Your Heart

2.Leadership With You

Monday, October 13, 2008

Compromise.

On Saturday I did something that I never done before in my life: I blasted my Exco for their ill-discipline.

I just felt that I had allowed the standards to drop to such a level that it was just simply unacceptable.

Writing that email to reprimand the Exco was not something I wanted to do, nor something I felt equipped to. I just knew that when I sent that email, I'll become a very unpopular figure in my team.

The guy that speaks the bad news into the happy family.

I just hope that they will take it with a good attitude.

Sometimes as a leader to our peers, we must get a breakthrough in this area. The move from being a people pleaser to a God pleaser. I knew that the reason I didn't want to send that mail because after that, the line becomes clear.

You will either hate me or you would listen and stand with me.

I guess that's how we just have to be as a leader. Be the bearer of bad news. Be the disciplinarian.

It's easy when you are clearly superior in position and age and seniority, but it isn't easy when the people you're scolding are your friends. It's these times that you wish they weren't.

I don't feel I did the wrong thing by giving 'it' to them. I just can't compromise on these standards any longer.

The ministry is more important than my 'face' or me being a nice happy guy.

And speaking of which, today I'm expelled from Mr Christian Nice Guy school. lol.

No comments: