New Sites

Hey readers of my blog,

I have been working on two other sites so I won't be updating this site for a while now; you can continue reading from my blogs at:

1. Dreams of Your Heart

2.Leadership With You

Sunday, June 3, 2007

Emerge Day 1: The Power of One


Pic from www.emerge.sg

4 days of Emerge! Although it's already all over, let me do it as my friend calls it: backblogging Haha. Emerge is a youth conference held by my church annually. It's a conference set on empower youths to go out there and strive for their dreams and to reach out for the glory of God! I think this year we've got about 1800 delegates from all over Asia.
What a great time! So let me recap..

1. Pastor preached about the power of one. He used the story of Shamgar; about how one man took down 600 Philstines one by one to deliver Israel. In short, there's really nothing we cannot do as one. If we have a dream from God, there's no one that can stop us from achieving it, for with God, we are the majority. There will always be people who will criticise, laugh, mock at us (The jeering spectators, I call them) when we want to do great things for God; in fact I got quite abit now, from family and friends, and sometimes those closest to us can hurt us the most. But our reward is in Heaven =)

2. Word power. =( Got 4th this year. Rooster crowed twice! Not 3 times! Ahhhhh.. ( For those who read the Bible, you'd know what I'm talking about). I thought that was the crucial question we got wrong. Ah well. Next year! I'll never stop till I win it! Cannot let the Indonesians win all the time! Two years in a row the Indos from NTU win already! Too much! Haha...
But well, we got 50 bucks Taka vouchers. Better than nothing lah.. Can do abit of shopping.

3. Fei-Er from F.I.R came down to join us for service. Seems that she was really touched by God in Taiwan. She wanted to perform for us, but management say must pay $$$. Too expensive! Haha...

4. Pastor preached on spiritual hunger from the story of Jacob. We can be the most flawed person in the world, but yet what God wants from us is not sinless perfection. He wants a heart after Him, and that's what matters to Him. As pastor put it, I will not let you go unless you bless me, I’d rather walk with a limp for the rest of my life and be strong with You on the inside, than appear strong on the outside.
Well, it was a great first night!

No comments: