New Sites

Hey readers of my blog,

I have been working on two other sites so I won't be updating this site for a while now; you can continue reading from my blogs at:

1. Dreams of Your Heart

2.Leadership With You

Wednesday, June 20, 2007

You know you're getting old when...

Your dad asks your if you have a girlfriend.

When I was playing computer game yesterday, my father sitting across the table suddenly asked me if I had a girlfriend.

The conversation went like that ( In Chinese)..

Dad: Do you have a girlfriend already?

Me(Focusing on game, takes down headphone): Huh?

Dad: Do you have a girlfriend already?

Me: Err.. No.

Dad (In a serious tone): Why not?

Me: No then no loh...

Dad: Now's a good time to get a girlfriend. When you graduate there's not really much chance for you to find a good girlfriend at your workplace. You know that having a girlfriend helps you to become more mature you know?

Me (Focusing on game): Orh.

Dad ( Slightly exasperated tone): How come still don't have girlfriend? It's nothing to be ashamed about you know. You're of age already.

Me: I know it's nothing to be ashamed about. I really don't have.

Dad: How come? What's wrong? ( And he was really thinking there might be a problem)

Me: Nothing loh, don't have means don't have loh.( Darn, I should have said cos he don't give me enough allowance to mantain one. then maybe can get allowance raise... Haha)

so funny. It seems that for most people its their parents objecting to them having a girlfriend when they're studying in sec or JC. But now for me it's my dad( and my grandma too) who chui-s me to have a girlfriend. Haha. Aiya the time will come la, now wait can! lol. Girlfriend where can anyhow choose one. For life leh. Don't play play.

Do remind me to ask for allowance raise the next time he asks. =P.

But on a more serious note, I really think choosing a girlfriend is very critical to our future. The person we open up our heart and our life to must be someone who is totally trustworthy . Often I see people giving their hearts to the wrong person; not only they spend lots of time and money for no end, and after the break-up, weeks of crying and what nonsense. Waste time. Then for some even got hate mail la, all the nonsense...

And all these trouble can be saved if we know what we're supposed to look for. And be discerning when we choose; not based on feelings only but also on certain criteria that must be met. In the end we can be attracted to anyone we're close to for a period of time. What must make the difference is the requirement we know this person must meet.

And of cos la, must ask yourself if you're ready for one. Ready to give up your time and money for the person or not? Ready to be responsible for another's needs above your own not? A relationship based on meeting your own selfish desires or needs won't last long. We should be in one ready to give, not to take.

Anyway I personally don't feel like now is the right time for me. Wait loh. The right time is when the right girl comes along. Haha. No hurry la...singlehood can be quite a blessing too!

No comments: