New Sites

Hey readers of my blog,

I have been working on two other sites so I won't be updating this site for a while now; you can continue reading from my blogs at:

1. Dreams of Your Heart

2.Leadership With You

Thursday, June 7, 2007

Emerge Day 3 Jesus and Simon Peter: Love

1. Spent Saturday morning helping out at the church bookstore. Went to watch the basketball match between Singapore and Taiwan. Liu Geng Hong was playing for Taiwan and my, he's good! Haha, and I bet they didn't dare to be too violent with Geng Hong.. haha, after all he was performing at night.

Singapore won 49-39 in the end.

2. Captain's Ball: My SMU Captain's Ball team with Eugene, Xinghong, Daniel, Chew Yan, Michelle and Suat Wei. We got trashed 6-2 by a JC team. Haha but well, they were sports people while most of us are professional muggers so I didn't expect much and summore totally ZERO practice. But it's really great to spend time with them =), though all not very familiar with one another, but I enjoy their company.

3. Pastor interviewed Wahju, a super big businessman in our church. He's really an inspiration to me. Like alot of wealthy people, he started from humble beginnings like doing labor work and managing a mamak store kinda thing. He reminds me never to despise anything im doing now. Everything starts from the seed. I want to be like him someday, where I can have the influence to effect change in the business world and set the moral standards in the office. As Pastor says, the power to validate is the power to define. I want to do away with office politics like how Wahju does it in the office. And also, to have the influence to help the poor in our society today. We can make a difference.

As Wahju says, when we are fruitful, then whatever we ask in His name will be done for us!

4. Liu Geng Hong performed. Haha.. though I'm not familiar with him, but his songs are really not bad. He said he's doing a basketball movie with Jay Chou and will be released next year. And guess what? He gave a stunner to the whole church at his last song!

During the last part of his song, he went down from stage and took his fiancee's hand and sang to her. And then He proposed!!!!! OMG. In front of 9000 people. How can the girl say no.. lol
But it must be like every girl's dream to be proposed to like that.

5. Sun shared a little about her work in China. She's like a role model to all of us. Alot of people criticized her for her entrance into pop culture, but not many understand her heart. With her influence now, she does so much community work in China and is a positive role model to alot of people in the Chinese speaking world. I'm glad the world has good role models to look to. I'm always touched and inspired when I hear her story... God gave her a vision at 16 years old when she was praying, and truly she's come so far now after years and years of toiling and amidst all the harsh criticism. Praise the Lord for people like her! Let's walk worthy of the heavenly calling ourselves!

6. Pastor shared about Simon Peter and Jesus by the sea. Abide faith, hope and love, but the greatest is love! We can serve, we can have a vision, we can have faith, but without love, we are nothing.

Do you love me more than all that this life can give?

No comments: