New Sites

Hey readers of my blog,

I have been working on two other sites so I won't be updating this site for a while now; you can continue reading from my blogs at:

1. Dreams of Your Heart

2.Leadership With You

Thursday, June 28, 2007

My SOT teammates

Today's our dress up day at Bible school! First time we really took pictures since the beginning of class. For those people who haven't been updated with my life, these are the people I've been hanging out with for the past 2.5 months, and my, really great people they are! And without further ado:

So let's begin with my Team leader. Here's Sheryl, and I tell you, she's like the sweetest cell group leader i've seen in church so far! She's a v dedicated, capable person and is gentle to her members. These are one of the people that are soooo nice that you wouldn't dream about hurting or offending them. Haha..

Here are the dudes from my team! Beside me is Willy and Keith and at the center is Hee Wei.
Willy from NUS, going to just grad in a week's time. He's really a great guy to hang around with! Keith's from NTU and haa, he's a really fashionable person as well. Heh.. always got something up his sleeve one (literally). And there's Heewei in the rocking leather blazer and the shiny cap. Heewei's like one of the most giving person I've met, always volunteering to organize stuff and offering to bless people!

Here's 3 pretty ladies from my team as well. From the left: Chew Yan, Myrna and my cell leader, Mingli.

Chew Yan's from SMU too, though one batch later than me. She's a really sweet girl and I see, photogenic too! To CY: Let's see revival in SMU!

Myrna's from NUS, and she's one of the more fashionable people around. And her fav food: Lor Mee. Hahaha..

Mingli, well.. used to be from NUS. My cell leader =) Needs no further introduction...Haha



Here's me and Chew Yan again, but on the right is Jacqueline. She's the church sign language interpreter and my, she can translate really well! I'm like her disciple now, everyday I'll learn a few sign language words from her! Now I know the signs for words like: Good Morning, Hi and simple sentences like: What's your name? I'm aiming to learn to do sign language for one whole song before I graduate from Bible school!


Here's Vicky with me! She's a youth worker/leader from New Life Church in Taiwan! Vicky's pregnant but she's still here in Singapore studying the Word everyday! Talk about dedication!Too bad didn't get a picture with her husband as well, think he was preparing to play the drums for the session later...


Here's Estelle in the center with me and Keith on the sides. Estelle's someone which I feel I can click quite well with; always like got alot to talk about with her one. Haha.. also gonna graduate from NUS to go teaching at NIE after Bible school! Jia you! Be salt and light!


Here's Howard and me. Howard's going into Uni this year; He's a very 'steady' kinda guy, the kind you can really depend on. He just became a cell group leader, and he's really zai. I look at the way he plays host to our international students from Korea and Taiwan. He's just amazing la. I'm really challenged to be more open and more hospitable with them.

Here's Marcus. Marcus' been in church for many years now, think 15. I'm really appreciative that he offers to send me home from Bible school everyday. He saves me like 45 mins daily and I really learn alot from him during our time in the car. He's my dad's age and he's got lots of life experiences to share so I'm always open to listening to his sharing and advice.


Here's Leila! She's from NUS this year. Also another really sweet girl that I can talk to and joke with very easily. She's a cell group leader as well and takes care of over 30 kids. Her cell members are all very cute. Haha...

Here's Jody, she's one of the nominees of Best Dressed in Emerge, and she won the Hosting Challenge. She's a cell group leader too, and waiting to go into Uni this year.

Here's Kim. Kim's our friend from Korea. He's currently a school teacher but intends to go into full time ministry once he graduates.He's having a little challenge adapting to our church's culture, but I think he feels most welcome here!


So there you go, here are some of my team-mates in Bible school. I really enjoy their company. And I really appreciate the fact that I'm in the company of these people. I'm really humbled by their character, dedication and discipline, especially with the cell group leaders. The cell leaders are like the backbone of the 23,000 strong church.

And there's just this certain level of trust we have with one another even from the first day, I love that fact and although we all live in this world where people curse, cheat, lie and what not, but in there its like a different world. Though bad things do happen sometimes like people do get offended on certain issues, but forgiveness is never a problem =) It's like a foretaste of heaven.. Ha..

I'm constantly challenged to be better everyday there. It's really through the interactions, through observation of their lives, through the tiring days that I begin to see my own flaws and areas that I can improve on.

I'm going to miss this life once school begins, but there's alot to look forward in school too!

No comments: