New Sites

Hey readers of my blog,

I have been working on two other sites so I won't be updating this site for a while now; you can continue reading from my blogs at:

1. Dreams of Your Heart

2.Leadership With You

Sunday, August 12, 2007

God of my Forever

We sang this new song at church today..

God of my youth I remember
Your call on my life took me o'er
Your love has seen me through all my days
I stand here by Your grace
On this altar I've written my life
Tells of a story I have with You my Lord
I want the world to know

Chorus
God of my forever
And forever I'm with you
My life is saved with a price
your sacrifice redeemed my soul
God of my forever
And forever I will sing
My greatest honor will always be
To serve my Lord and King
Wow, what a song..when Alison started singing and practising while I was helping out at the bookstore outside the main auditorium I already felt like I was going to cry any moment that type. What an anointing upon her voice.

And then when we were singing the chorus during the service, tears started falling. I haven't cried in God's presence for so long already, and this song really touched my heart. The presence of God was so strong..
I imagine myself in my old age, and I will remember, that the God that I serve now will be the same yesterday,today in 2007,in the future in 2008,2009..2030 ... until forever.


While I was worshipping God, I saw a vision in my heart of palm trees. The truth is, my heart always longed to travel, to see nature in its untouched state, to see the world. But there's too much to do for now in Singapore, in church and in my personal life. And I do see the need to sacrifice the pleasure for His kingdom now...

But I just felt God say, Don't worry, one day, you will see the sights you long to see..

Yes, I said to God, when it's all over, one day I can see all these.

But God replied, No, you'll see it in this life... this and all that you desire to see..

I truly believe that in this life, I'll travel all that my heart desires to, and see all that I have to see. So when you ask me why don't I want to go exchange for now.. well.. I hope you get an idea why. It's not about living a life of enjoyment, but a life of sacrifice. But much as we want to live a life of sacrifice, God will never shortchange us. Whatever we sow, we will reap.
---------------------------------------------------------------
Had an amazing two days with Rev Dr A R Bernard preaching in church.


Rev Dr A R Bernard is one of the most influential personalities in New York, as an advisor to the NYPD, to Major Bloomberg of New York, and board member of the NY Economic Development Board.


He said so much for me to take in these 2 days. I need to take sometime to reflect on it before I pen my thoughts.


And I attended a business dinner with 1000 other church people where he preached again regarding finding our life purpose in our everyday life.


And on my table, I sat with ALL my subzone youth leaders, about 9 of them, which are all female! And that attracted alot of comments from the passing by people. Haha...


Pastor Kong also came by the table and gestured to everyone and to me, that I'm the only guy at the table! Well, Pastor, now you know the plight of my subzone. How can female leaders raise up male leaders. Can la, but not easy leh..Haha.. But Pastor is really very nice la, he came over and asked if everyone was doing okay and enjoying themselves.


Well, and actually I got the seat at this dinner because one of the youth leaders couldn't make it. And she gave up the seat for me. Thanks Jeanie, if you ever gonna read my blog.
And really want to thank Jac for sponsoring my mission trip to Batam too! That time she gave me a financial blessing for my birthday that gave me a shock cos it was such a huge amount, considering I was a student and we only knew each other for like 2 weeks? Haha.

Thank God for a church and for a people who believe in giving generously =). I want to do the same when I have the ability as it is done to me now too.


Well, in summary, had an amazing weekend! Next week going Batam! Not for golf, or for holiday, but for helping out to execute a youth conference we're doing for the people in Batam! Haha.. Will be another memorable week for me the next week!
Talk about having the naturally supernatural life. Woot. =)

No comments: