New Sites

Hey readers of my blog,

I have been working on two other sites so I won't be updating this site for a while now; you can continue reading from my blogs at:

1. Dreams of Your Heart

2.Leadership With You

Thursday, November 15, 2007

Just had dinner

at the National Philantropic Awards.

I got called up by Weixin from YMCA to go for this dinner on Wednesday only at Marina Mandarin cos they got empty seat. Ha..

Actually didn't feel like going, but well, got free nice dinner so go loh.

Wah. And only realized its such a high profile event.

President S R Nathan was the guest of honour. And Vivian Balakrisnam also there. By the way his wife is very pretty. Haha.

Elim Chew, Pastor Lawrence Khong ( Senior Pastor of FCBC)... first time i see him in person, Kit Chan.

And I was sitting on the same table with all the YMCA directors. Wah scarey man. All the uncles.HAHA. Then got President Emertius of YMCA, Dr Loh at my table too. Good thing they all nice people and can chat one. Haha.

And luckily also got May Anne and Weiguang. People whom you can talk about how you're screwed with studies and how you have so much work to do. Haha.

I met May Anne the first time during Freshmen Orientation Camp, and then during the Uni-Y@NUS welcome tea, and then today, then found out she was Leonard, my cell group member's good friend. She's a really chatty person, so well, wasn't hard to break the ice.


But thank God. At least don't have to act all classy and stuff in front of them. Haha.

But on a more serious note. It's really great to see that there's really alot of people out there who have a heart to serve and to give back to society.

I wanna do something more too. Like the corporations who give. The churches who give. The people who give.

And well, seriously I can imagine myself, going for all these corporate functions and acting all classy and stuff, exchanging name cards. I don't really fancy it actually. I was thinking," Wow, I think after a while you really just get jaded with all these. All the award giving. Standing up for guest of honours."

I wonder how many times the President has to do this. And He's the guest of honour at EVERY occasion. So must go up and give prize. Quite sian to think about it. Imagine spending your nights gracing events and giving out prizes. Haha.

But one thing different is that the people here are not for business la, they're here because of community service. Which actually makes them a whole different bunch of people.

Though I still didn't bring my namecard cos I figured no one would want mine. Even if they took it they probably chuck it somewhere. Haha.

Nonetheless, this interesting night has really shown me what Singapore is doing on the community service front and really.. the possibilities are endless.=)

No comments: