New Sites

Hey readers of my blog,

I have been working on two other sites so I won't be updating this site for a while now; you can continue reading from my blogs at:

1. Dreams of Your Heart

2.Leadership With You

Saturday, November 3, 2007

Real Honest Thoughts

I was walking home just now alone after a marketing meeting.

The Christian life isn't easy.

It's impossible without God.

I get a 360 degree mood swing if I don't pray.

As Christians, our fight starts from the time we wake up, till the time we sleep. I fight. From the morning till the night. In the realm of thoughts especially.

In a world where everything is screaming at you. Your friends around you challenge your stand on truth. You are tempted to take short-cuts in your work by compromising on your integrity.
The amount of sex, violence, gossip, revenge you watch on TV doesn't help.

Our input determines our output. Whatever goes into our mind, will make us or break us. When we start our day, everything in the world screams at you to give up on your values to God.

Why are you putting up with her? Just do it your own way.

Why are you wasting your time? Just fake your information and you'll save alot of time.

Nobody cares about you. Don't bother trying to be nice. Just do your own thing.

Do FINANCE! It pays well. You'll get 5000 bucks at least a month working in a bank. It's okay you don't really like it. It's the pay that counts.

And when I get home...

Sis says: Ma give us 12 dollars for our dinner. She ask you to go and eat the leftovers.

Go and scream at her! How can she be so uncaring. Can't she see I'm so thin already?

...

Don't pray tonight. You're so tired. Just go and rest. Just sleep. You can do it tomorrow morning.

But the voice of God speaks through in a still small voice every time.

No. Yihan. Flow. My perfect will for you is to be under cover. It doesn't matter you're not getting anything to do. Just flow. That is My will for you.

No. The truth is more valuable than anything else. Don't give it up for anything.

Yihan. I know you're busy. Learn to love. This is where you are really tested. Do you really love people? Love them, as I have loved you.

Yihan. Do something you love. Don't chase the money like everyone else. The topics on entrepreneurship and SME consulting spark something inside you, don't they? Go and do it. Don't follow the crowd.

Love your mother. Be nice. Don't take it to heart...

Yihan, come to me and stay with Me for one hour. Pray. Stay in My presence, and your strength will renew.

--------

The Christian walk is not an easy walk just based on this. In a night alone I can get so many thoughts running through my head. And as Christians, we fight not in the natural, but in the spiritual.

We measure every single thought against the Word of God. We know whether our thoughts are pleasing to God when we know His character.

We spend 4% of our week in church. The real battle is not in church. It's outside of it. You can act so holy in church, but behave like a total spoilt brat outside. Serve in church, and asked to be served outside the church. What's the point? What's this Christian face we put up when we can't live it 24/7?

Integrity. You are one outside, and inside.

The battlefield of the mind, as Joyce Meyer calls it. The fight's 24/7. It's not only on Sunday. It's not even on Sunday. It's Monday to Saturday, where everything that is evil, immoral, lewd that screams out at you. That's where the battle is.

By the time you're done with everything, you'll find you're so tired you have no energy to pray.
Guess what, the devil got you for that night.

Speak to it.

Fight back.

24/7. It's not going to end.

That's why we need God. Without God, this kind of battle is impossible to fight. We need the Holy Spirit. Without Him, we become thankless. We become self-righteous. We become judgemental. We forget that Jesus died for the whole world. Not for the Christians only.

That's why I can't go without prayer. I'll lose.

As we grow in God, so does the Devil stand in opposition against us. He distracts us and cuts us away from our Source. That's when he can tear us apart.

-----

That's why I know SOT is such an easy time. Sure, we're tired. But we've got the advantage of godly people around us. We've got the advantage of positive peer pressure. Everyone's doing it. I can do it too.

The real battle is not in SOT.

It's out here.

----

You know. As we grow in God, we find less people we can confide in. Not many people understand and can give the right counsel. Not many people are strong enough to value truth of God above the friendship. Who will tell you things as they are. Who will screw you when you're the one at fault. Who won't try to agree with you. Who won't give advice contrary to God's Word. Who understands your heart. Not many. Few. And fewer. And fewer.

Where can we turn to?

God.
--------

It's 1am now. I haven't prayed for today. I feel so lousy I don't feel like.

But no. The devil is not winning today.

Today, I win.

--------

No more.

No more procrastination.

It's time.





No comments: