New Sites

Hey readers of my blog,

I have been working on two other sites so I won't be updating this site for a while now; you can continue reading from my blogs at:

1. Dreams of Your Heart

2.Leadership With You

Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Reality: The Limiter of Life

Pastor preached a great message on this a month back or so. I thought it was a superb message and recently during lunch time, I got a greater revelation about it:

I was eating lunch with Sharon, Lynette and Wenting( I don't usually eat lunch with them) and then it suddenly hit me:

Our reality is really determined by the people around us.

When I was doing my business stuff. I was in the forums and I realized that I was measuring what was possible by what people had done. What was a reasonable time to successfully do up one. How successful the business model can be based on the people who had 'done' it.

But I took a step back. And during prayer, I felt God put it in my heart: Why am I measuring reality based on what people had done?

I'm sure we've all heard the sayings:

Birds of a feather flock together.

If you want to fly with the eagles, don't hang out with the turkeys.

Psalms 1:1
Blessed is the man
Who walks not in the counsel of the ungodly,
Nor stands in the path of sinners,
Nor sits in the seat of the scornful;

In SMU, there's a culture that says:

Finance is the way to go. It's where the money is.

Your value as a person is determined by your GPA.

It's not something said out in the open, but yet in between the lines of every thing said.

It is only recently that I decided to step back and spend more time with God. Suddenly it really hit me.

Who said that?

Who said that finance is the way to go for career success?

Who said that your value to society is determined by GPA?

And for that matter...

Who said you couldn't be a millionaire by 30? by 25 for that matter?

Who said you can't be Nobel Prize Winner by age 30? ( For that person . Haha You know who you are)

Who said you can't be a real history maker like Pst Kong, Pst Yonggi Cho, Mother Theresa, Henry Ford, Warren Buffet or Bill Gates?

Who said that?

It is when we look at the world then we make a gauge on what is acceptable and what is reasonable, and what is impossible.

Since only one or two has done it, therefore, it is reasonable to say I won't be able to do it.

BUT when we look to God in prayer, I ask myself... really, what is impossible?

Recently when I withdrew myself from school, from mixing around with people and spent more time with God. I realized, there's only one voice we should really listen to:

The still small voice, above the noise.

We got to spend more time with God. The visions He gives us are even beyond our dreams. Beyond what we consider possible.

Is there such a word 'reality' in His vocabulary?

And too, watch carefully the people we spend most of our time with. The undertones of 'reality' spoken between the lines of every sentence. That's the power of culture. And the power of DOING culture. DEFINING culture.

They define 'reality' for you.

What is your reality?

No comments: