New Sites

Hey readers of my blog,

I have been working on two other sites so I won't be updating this site for a while now; you can continue reading from my blogs at:

1. Dreams of Your Heart

2.Leadership With You

Monday, January 22, 2007

Company Law Blues

The worst part of the week: Monday 330 pm Company Law.

1. It's one day after Sunday.
2. It's a 330 pm class, my most unproductive time.
3. It's Company Law. The reading type of module which I'm usually weaker at.

I really have trouble listening to him. Just keeps going on and on. Getting really restless. Can't understand how people can keep their full attention at him. Maybe it's cos I'm not a very qualitative person.

I always have thoughts when I'm on the bus, or when I'm walking home, its even when all my inspiration to write comes from.

Ah, now I remember what I was thinking about on the bus this morning.

I remember when I was like 9-10 years old I was noticed something interesting about myself. I remember I was thinking about my thinking process. I could clearly distinguish the two distinct levels of thinking. To which I then called, the first level of thinking, and the second level of thinking. Behind the thoughts in my head, there was another voice behind this thought. It was a quieter voice. I would know whether the thoughts i was thinking was right or wrong based on this quieter 'voice'.

Although I don't think I explained it well, I believe everyone knows what I'm talking about. We all have control over our thoughts. And that 'voice' cannot possibly be part of the thought, since that with that 'voice' we could control our thoughts.

Like, remember the times when someone really pissed you, and you kept replaying the scene in your mind again and again, making you more mad by the minute. Then suddenly, you shut off the thought because you knew it was going to make you do something you'll regret later.

I think the power of choose our thoughts is something very unique to the human being. The choice to shut off negative thoughts and mediate on positive thoughts, or vice versa.

That's also one reason I don't really buy into the evolution of apes to man. Apes don't control their thoughts. They act on instinct. They don't have a conscience. Scientists must explain how the idea of morals, or this 'voice' behind the thoughts came about from apes first before they can really say man came from apes.

That's also an interesting question. If Man came from apes, how did the idea of what is right and wrong evolve?




Well, some food for thought.. anyway back to Company Law. I'm already seriously lagging behind in class after writing this.. haha

No comments: