New Sites

Hey readers of my blog,

I have been working on two other sites so I won't be updating this site for a while now; you can continue reading from my blogs at:

1. Dreams of Your Heart

2.Leadership With You

Thursday, January 18, 2007

How would you describe a tank?

Hmmm, how would you describe a tank? (A tank as in the military vehicle)
IF you could only use things purely from nature? You could use things like animals, trees, rocks but nothing man-made. How would you do it? What would you say about the armored body, the cannon? It would be a tough job to do it, wouldn't it?

Did you know there was someone in AD 70-95 who actually described a tank?!?! When I read it, I was really awed. This is super cool la! And guess where I found it?

In the Bible! My God, this is super interesting man...

The verse is actually found the last book of the Bible, the Book of Revelations describing the end of the world. John the disciple of Christ actually saw the end-times in a vision and he was actually describing the modern day vehicle in his day's terms!

I was really awed when I actually saw that passage.

Look at this:

Revelations 9:16-18
Now the number of the army of the horsemen was two hundred million; I heard the number of them. And thus I saw the horses in the vision: those who sat on them had breastplates of fiery red, hyacinth blue, and sulfur yellow; and the heads of the horses were like the heads of lions; and out of their mouths came fire, smoke, and brimstone. By these three plagues a third of mankind was killed—by the fire and the smoke and the brimstone which came out of their mouths.

Of course, because the writer of this book didn't write 'tank' explicitly( Well, he couldn't), so we can never be 100% sure that he is really talking about the tanks of this day. But if he was, well, it means that we got something to prepare for... it means the book is really from God, and it's really going to happen. Which is something I'm not the most comfortable with, to say the least.

But cool lah, I read the Book of Daniel as well, written in 600BC, also another book prophesing the future. It predicted the events that happened in 200BC so precisely and the rise of Alexander the Great, and his fall so accurately that it could only mean 2 things, God or someone written the book after all that had happened. Of cos historians and archaelogists have proven the latter wrong.

Well, whatever it is, it's really amazing to read these two books and comparing them with history. Haha it's surprising how I find time to do this in the middle of school term. Heh.

No comments: