New Sites

Hey readers of my blog,

I have been working on two other sites so I won't be updating this site for a while now; you can continue reading from my blogs at:

1. Dreams of Your Heart

2.Leadership With You

Wednesday, October 31, 2007

P & L

I recently drawn up a expense sheet to track my personal expenditure, because at some point in September I got the

"Where did my money go?" problem.

So I decide to go back to recording my expenses.

And for the fun of it, and to apply my accounting knowledge, I made a Monthly Summarized Income Statement so that I know where my money went.

So here's the statistics!

Lin Yihan
2007 Oct Income statement
( All percentages are % of income/allowance)

Food - 39.38%
Transport - 14.54% ( 4.05% was unnecessary cos I took cab. Ha)
Phone Bill - 13.54%

I call these 3 -> Operational expenses ( Ha, now the accountants are really going to kill me)
Totalling: 67.46%

The rest are better not to be revealed in cyberspace. Haha.

But I got
BLESSING expenses ( Stuff related to church, gifts to people)

INVESTING expenses ( Stuff related to education, books and CDs)

LUXURY expenses ( Clothes and Accessories, Electronics, and others) -> This was 0% by the way. Haha. I know some people can't believe I put clothes in the luxury expenses...

OTHER expenses ( Like in Income Tax, this is the Section 10(1)(g). Everything not covered goes under here. Ha)

I accrued the expenses on 2 books and a Times Card Membership I just bought to November.
( Means I treated them as Nov expenses instead of Oct expenses even though I spent them in Oct).

Haha, now the accounting students are really going to kill me.

No comments: