New Sites

Hey readers of my blog,

I have been working on two other sites so I won't be updating this site for a while now; you can continue reading from my blogs at:

1. Dreams of Your Heart

2.Leadership With You

Wednesday, December 12, 2007

God changes lives

Here's an amazing video I found from Eileen's blog.. check it out.

Amazing what God can speak through a 13 year old. Such wisdom.
As Eileen said:
"Wisdom does not necessarily comes with age, but with God."

Wow. Another wise word. Haha.






And here's an amazing story of how God changes lives: By Mr Lee Xinhong.
Check his blog at http://fintel.blogspot.com/2007/12/nacl2-i-love-you-my-brothers.html

Ha.. for you who really want to know where this super zai guy (top accounting student with GPA 4.0! NUTS! Haha) gets his motivation from, and even where he started out, check it out. And you'll see that you can identify with his weakness, but as the Bible says, God's power is made perfect is our weaknesses...

Apart from we can do nothing.

Well Xinhong you made the fire burn inside me again. Your testimony is a reminder even for me that God is still working in me as He works through me. Jia you.=)




I recently came back from the Breakaway camp myself. I didn't participate though; I was helping the committee members with their organizing and execution.

I think I had a great experience just helping the leaders and working together with them. People like Sheryl, Xiaoting, Quanhan and Annie..which I probably worked a little closer with.. it's really an honour to work with them. These people who lead a group of youths to young adults are probably much more capable than the people you see around, in University or anywhere else.

But yet, they're not the people whom you see, throwing their weight around, using their influence to get what they want; they're the people who really go down on the ground and serve. Tie balloons la, put up decoration la, clear rubbish la.. but yet it's so much a given that people don't really notice or mention anymore. Such a heart of service, I have no problem doing the most grunt kind of work with these people around. Ha...

I think they all understand and know in their hearts, in the kingdom of God, the way up is the way down.




As I'm typing my blog, got back my Marketing grade. Not v satisfactory. But well.. my mind will be far away from it in about 5 mins. Nonetheless I'm also looking forward for next semester to start. I think the modules I bid for are really interested..

And really after changing my major to Management, I just really think to myself.. am I crazy to do that? It's like quite a stupid thing to do. I can get a stable job in Finance paying $5k a month at least and lots of career prospects, but yet.. I choose to go and do management which probably give me a job that pays much lesser and having less prestige.

Foolishness.

1 Cor 1:27-29
But... God has chosen the foolish things of the world to put to shame the wise, and God has chosen the weak things of the world to put to shame the things which are mighty; and the base things of the world and the things which are despised God has chosen, and the things which are not, to bring to nothing the things that are, that no flesh should glory in His presence.

Haha well I shall have no more self-doubt. I don't believe and will not stop believing that life's success comes from grades or from the major that you're taking.

Nonetheless I'm really dissatisfied with where I am know. I just look at the way I spend a day sometimes and I feel really pissed with myself. I can't believe I'm letting time go away like that. I really need to push myself to go faster and work harder. *roar* and after reading Xinhong's blog. Well. ROAR! Run run run.. Haha... I think I'll print out your testimony and stick it next to my com so that I'll get perpetually dissatisfied!! =P


No comments: