New Sites

Hey readers of my blog,

I have been working on two other sites so I won't be updating this site for a while now; you can continue reading from my blogs at:

1. Dreams of Your Heart

2.Leadership With You

Saturday, December 22, 2007

YMCA Appreciation Night

Had an interesting night at the YMCA Volunteer Appreciation Night.

It was an event to recognize the volunteers who had helped out with YMCA in one way or another, for us it was for the Y-camp challenge we attended last Sunday. Wow.. Last Sunday? Seems like forever, since Y-camp ended. Think it's because I've been in front of my computer all week.. well almost.. I'm definitely not going to retire if that's the kinda life I'm getting. Haha.

Met Steven Chia ( The Primetime morning Channel Newsasia guy) at the dinner. He was really friendly and sat down at our table to talk to us. Albert, the general sec of YMCA told me, "Hey he's sitting with you! Go ask him for whatever you want from him!", then Steven replied," No, I think I want something from him."

Haha.. what would this guy want from me? He's one of the YMCA directors, btw, so he's looking for accountants who might want to help him and his team formulate a scheme to help people financially; those who fall through the cracks, as he puts it.

So yeah,if anyone accountancy trained reading this blog wants to work with Steven Chia closely and help society through the formulating of this scheme, let me know. I put you in contact with him. I myself got quite alot for Uni-Y in my hands so I'm a little commitment phobic now. Haha..
But might just consider it myself.

Anyway really lots of open doors, glad I brought Daniel and Charlene along too. Haha. Think it was a really fruitful night; we invited alot of our campers to our Xmas service as well =)

Anyway that's it for now. Really excited for Christmas Service. Will be superb as usual.. Haha..

No comments: