New Sites

Hey readers of my blog,

I have been working on two other sites so I won't be updating this site for a while now; you can continue reading from my blogs at:

1. Dreams of Your Heart

2.Leadership With You

Monday, December 31, 2007

1 hour till 2008

It's 1 hour till 2008. Time to set new year resolutions and set them in stone.

My dad called me for dinner just now, quite a few times before I actually went down and ate with the whole family. I think we never sit at the same table for months? Maybe a year already. It's just our habit. We eat when dinner is on the table; we don't wait.

So I was late in going for the dinner just now; then after the dinner, my dad asked me: " Is it because you want to pray before you eat? That's why you don't want to eat with us?"

I was erm.. surprised. my prayer before I eat is just a "Thank you God for the food. Amen." I probably close my eyes for 2 seconds and its done. Haha.

But seriously, I think my dad's more religious than me. Haha.

Christianity is not defined by the way things are done, or what things are done. It's not a set of 'things-to-do'. Christianity is a relationship with God. Simple as that. Well, if that's hard to grasp; it's just like having a proper relationship with your Dad.

You relate to him like how you would to your father; respectfully, reverence, obedience and the like. You do what he asks you to, you don't do the things that displease him. That's being a good son. And that's exactly how we be good Christians. Good children of God.

Not complicated. Really, God is not interested in religion. There's no such thing as a way of doing things being 'holier' than the other.

The heart of the matter is the matter of the heart. It always boils down to our heart, our intentions, our love in the end.




11.11 pm. 49 mins to 2008.

Back to my new year resolutions.

I was feeling really lonely just now. Ha.. alone at home on 31 Dec 2007 when everyone else is out there partying and having a good time.

I could almost start to feel sorry myself, until I spent my last 1 hour with God. Nothing beats the presence of God around you; the anointing of God on you; the weight of glory in your spirit; the peace of God in your heart.

I remember a year back in the earlier days, there's just this unexplainable joy in my heart. Just feel happy; no need perfect circumstances, God's presence brings that peace, joy in the Holy Spirit. =)

Praise the Lord!

No comments: