New Sites

Hey readers of my blog,

I have been working on two other sites so I won't be updating this site for a while now; you can continue reading from my blogs at:

1. Dreams of Your Heart

2.Leadership With You

Thursday, May 15, 2008

Open door.

I met Eunice Olsen on Tuesday at the YMCA AGM.

I was introduced by Yenpeng to her after the whole AGM. I was slightly taken aback by her ‘bubbliness’. She wasn’t what I thought she was: a serious, mature lady with a kind of air around her.

No leh. She was just a bubbly, talkative lady who just had a lot to talk about. So much so that I felt like the most serious person around her. Ha…

“ Hi Eunice, Yihan here is from Uni-Y, he wants you to help him.”

“ Oh, no no.. seriously I don’t know how you can help me as of now.”

“Oh it’s okay la, take contact first, and talk later!” (with a tinge of singlish)
*She proceeds to take my notebook from me and write down her hp number.*

That’s very graceful of her. Ha.

So then I smsed her to pass her my contact later on..

“Hey Eunice, I’m Yihan here…”

I’m thinking, my goodness. Never in my life, would I think I’ll be doing this.

“Hey Eunice???” Omigosh.

Hahaha…

But I thank God for this meeting, thank God that I stayed on even though I felt really tired after work and just wanted to go home. I just felt God say, “ This is the beginning of many.”

Thank God for the open door.

Anyway, I thought of a few ways I could get her help. Firstly to officiate the Uni-Y Freshmen Orientation Camp! Get her to be the guest of honour!! Heh.

Woohoo. =)

Sometimes when I run the ministry, I wonder if it all is worth it.

But when I read her reply to my sms, I just smiled and thought,

You know, It’s worth it.

Sometimes, that one word of encouragement makes all the sacrifice worthwhile.

No comments: