New Sites

Hey readers of my blog,

I have been working on two other sites so I won't be updating this site for a while now; you can continue reading from my blogs at:

1. Dreams of Your Heart

2.Leadership With You

Saturday, June 21, 2008

Daughter of Destiny

I was just reading Kathryn Kuhlman's Biography titled Daughter of Destiny.
(Kathryn Kuhlman is the spiritual mentor of Benny Hinn)

(Yeah, I put Pilgrim's Progress aside for a while. Typical of me. Haha)

Went through 9 chapters in one shot.

One thing I can say about her life. Wow.

Kathryn Kuhlman was not a perfect lady, with a perfect life. Far from that. She had her fall from grace which kept her out of ministry 8 years when she married a man who divorced his wife for her.

I'm just awed by the things she said, her life philosophies she held. It was alot of imperfections, alot of character flaws, alot of things not done right in her ministry.

But God used her.

That's the bottom line.

Many things about her life hit me, but I think what was key was this, I quote from the book:

When Kathryn preached those heart-searching messages on a jealous God who would not 'share the glory' with any earthly figure, she was preaching to herself. She knew how desperately she needed to hear that message and apply it to her own life. So she preached it over and over, for no minister in this century - perhaps even the Time of the Apostles - was under more pressure to weaken and accept some of the glory herself.

and the chapter ends with:

"At times," she once confided privately, " in my weakness, I just go ahead and accept the praise and thanksgiving. Sometimes I am so weary that if I did not accept some of the praise I would go under. And it seems God allows me to do it, just to keep me going. But at the end of the day, when I am all alone in my bedroom, I raise my hands toward heaven and say,' Dear Jesus, you know what they said abou me today. But now I give it all back to you. I am nothing, and nobdoy knows that better than e. I have no healing power. No healing virtue. There's nothing attractive in me. But dear Jesus, you are everything. And today the people got us all mied up. I didn't have the strength to straighten them out, but I know you understand. And now I give you all they gave me. I ask but one thing - take not your Holy Spirit from me, for without Him I will surely die."

Wow. Scarey. Haha.

But from the mouth of one of the greatest evangelists of the 20th century.

2 comments:

Caron said...

Justin Peters speaks on the WoF movement and is considered by some to be an expert on it... At http://www.justinpeters.org you can click on "demo" and see a presentation he gave to Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary on this... It is a brief overview of his seminar called, "A Call for Discernment." He spoke at my church and comes highly recommended by my pastor, Dr. John MacArthur.

- W309 - said...

=)