New Sites

Hey readers of my blog,

I have been working on two other sites so I won't be updating this site for a while now; you can continue reading from my blogs at:

1. Dreams of Your Heart

2.Leadership With You

Thursday, June 19, 2008

Evening

Nowadays, I really appreciate the evenings that I'm able to reach home before 7 pm. I've been having meetings on Monday and Wedneday, and tonight is cell group meeting.

Last evening, I picked up a book I bought: Pilgrim's Progress.
It's an amazing book written by John Bunyan in the 17th century, but it remains a classic till today. In the preface, it writes," A book known by many as a Christian publication second only to the Bible."

Wow.

So yeah, anyway I pick up my garden chair, plonked it in the middle of the garden, and started reading, while observing the crimson evening sky, lit by the setting sun.

A lone street lamp stood as the foreground between me and the sky,
like a silent, still light standing in world going to sleep.
There is a certain poignancy in that image,
I know not what,
but like a reminder of a far away place,
a place yet to visit, but found in my heart.

Anyway, I cut myself off and went back to my book. I wanted to do some reading before it got too dark to stay in the garden.

Pilgrim's Progress is about John Bunyan's dream about a man named Christian, in his journey all the way to the Gate (salvattion) and finally to the Celestial City(Heaven) and all the trials, temptations, people he meets on the way. Some whom choose to follow him, some choose to turn away, some taking the wide and easy way leading to destruction.

Very interesting. Good read. =)

2 comments:

Oink~Oink~ said...

heh.. bro.. saw yr latest blog.. hmmm.. this book seems familiar to me but what i have is the guy from China (not sure if it is this country) who went round to do soul winning and planting churches..

- W309 - said...

The Heavenly Man? =)