New Sites

Hey readers of my blog,

I have been working on two other sites so I won't be updating this site for a while now; you can continue reading from my blogs at:

1. Dreams of Your Heart

2.Leadership With You

Sunday, June 29, 2008

Narnia

I've watched Narnia about 4 times now, almost all on TV, and I never fail to be captivated by it.

Especially where Peter goes," For Narnia and for Aslan!!!"

So much stirs inside of me when he charges into battle against evil.

And it always is interesting to 'ah!' about certain parts of the show; those that link back to the Bible. For those might not know, Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe is a story of Jesus and his defeat of death written by CS Lewis, one of the greatest Christian writers of the 20th ( or was it 19th) century.

It was interesting to note that Lucy and her sister(forgot her name) accompanied Aslan and were there at his resurrection. So did Mary her mother, and Mary Magdelene at the Cross and at Jesus' tomb.

It was also another thing to note that Aslan went to the white witches castle to actually set the captives free before he actually went to battle with the white witch. Jesus went down to Hades to set the prisoners free before he ascended into Heaven. Amazing ah.

And how Aslan, after killing the white witch (defeating Death) turned to Peter and said that line we all know so well:

" It is finished."

But the part I liked the most was one of the last conversations with Lucy and the fawn.

" You shouldn't press him (Aslan). He's not a tame lion."

"But he's good."

Amen to that.

Jesus wasn't a tame man, nor a nice one. But He was good. Guys, God didn't call you to be tame or 'nice'. He called you to be wild. And good.

Anyway, I've decided I'm doing too many things that are irrelevant and just simply taking up my time for nothing, so I'm streamlining my activities. And blogging is one thing that has to go out of the window.

After this, I just have one last post to share, when I have more time to write. And then that's it. =)

No comments: