New Sites

Hey readers of my blog,

I have been working on two other sites so I won't be updating this site for a while now; you can continue reading from my blogs at:

1. Dreams of Your Heart

2.Leadership With You

Thursday, March 15, 2007

'Cave' Time

This few days have been my 'Cave' time. Except for today which I spent about 6 hours in school, from Monday to Wednesday I have almost disappeared from school immediately after lesson ended.

Going to burn out anytime soon, and I don't want it to be now. It's 4 weeks to the finals, and the last thing I want is me running out of steam just before my 4 final papers. Now even the Bible supports me here! =P

Ecc 12:12b
and much study is wearisome to the flesh.

Ha. There you go. But seriously, I think I must learn to take day-long breaks. God didn't make the Sabbath for nothing, and while we don't have to follow it religiously, but it's God telling us the importance of taking a day off. Now because I haven't taken much days off for the past few months, now I'm taking 3-4 day straight offs, and my offs are not even real offs. Which is bad. But it's great to come back home not having work on our minds, and really just relax and say, play the guitar, watch TV and stuff.

Often we feel guilty about resting, thinking that we could be more productive if we used the day for work, but guess what, the richest people in the world, the Jews, follow the Sabbath (One rest day)religiously. George Soros, and I forgot who else. If even the most successful people in the world take 1 day break every 7 days, how about us? Maybe the reason why we can't do as well is because we cannot discipline ourselves to rest. That's right, discipline ourselves to rest! To take a step back from everything and 'consolidate'.

You know, I've always wondered. How really important is that GPA? We work our guts out for 4 years, spending the majority of our school life gunning for that GPA and guess what? It ends up as one line on our resume, as a say, 3.8/4.0. That's it. Someone should really survey employers. Are they really looking out for that one line? Or the 30 lines that follow?

Well common sense says whatever that takes more space on the paper should get more of the reader's attention. And my school activities and CCA take up like 9 -10 lines, skills another 5, work experience another say, 10. And that GPA, one puny line.

Nowadays employees do value EQ more, things like leadership, communication and all that which come from your 30+ lines in CCA, work experience, skills, community service. Then why are we still so concerned about it!?!?!?! Granted, an employer will choose someone with 3.8 over 3.0. But then how about 3.6? 3.7? Although in our eyes it must be a big thing, but how about in their eyes? In our eyes its 4 years of sweat and blood.In their eyes? 0.1. Now that puts things in perspective doesn't it?

Well, one that makes one thing clear for me. Rest is more important. Ha. Time for more slacking!

No comments: