New Sites

Hey readers of my blog,

I have been working on two other sites so I won't be updating this site for a while now; you can continue reading from my blogs at:

1. Dreams of Your Heart

2.Leadership With You

Saturday, September 15, 2007

Songs that define my past

Hey guys, been a while since I blogged properly. Busy with school and CCA and other stuff. But it's good. I have learnt to be more organized nowadays. Now my desktop is PURE schedule + things to do. Ha.. Do visit my laptop when you can. lol.

Anyway recently I was looking at my mp3 files and my old songs which I gotten long time ago. There were alot of songs that reminded me of my past. You know, when I look into my past, it seems all dark and all, then God reminded me of the verse.

Proverbs 4:18
But the path of the just is like the shining sun.
That shines ever brighter unto the perfect day.

Means last time it was darker. Ha.. but its true. My childhood and youth was filled with defeat, rejection, slight depressions, low self-esteem, sometimes loneliness... and little purpose in life. Don't know what I was living for, but didn't really care then. So young never think so much. But I was seldom joyful then I think. Got happy lah, but didn't have joy in my life.

A year back, many times things or people from the past come back to me, I would feel a little sad and all. But now I think it's much better, things don't affect me so much now. But when I read the diary, there's this mix of nostalgia and sadness, but I really felt God speak to me, not to re-visit my past anymore, because He has a great future in store for me !

Okay then, this shall be the last time, unless someone asks. Ha..

Let's start:
Secondary 2 > My heart will go on - Celine Dion
It was a time when I liked this girl. But never told her. Ha..

Secondary 4> Graduation - Vitamin C
Had a prom night, but I was rather sad I think. Still liking the girl but still never told her. Ha.. but gradually forgot about it after I entered JC.

JC 1> Together again - Janet Jackson
It's funny how I link songs to sad moments in my life. I started liking this girl. LOL. Okay i know I know, I seem to be liking people alot. But generally I guess it's cos of ( Long lesson on emotional dependency) ... okay. Ha..

JC 2> High - Lighthouse family
This song was the theme song for our JC2 seperation. I even made a video for our class and I still have it, even in this laptop. Ha..

BMT> Beautiful - Christina Aguilera
The only reason I don't like this song is that it reminds me of BMT time. Never listened to it cos reminds me of very sian times.

Army(Unit time)> Don't get lost in the crowd - Ashley Ballard
Now I really recommend this song from the Centerstage movie soundtrack which is like ancient liao. I've been listening to it and I think it's a great song! It tells us to break out of the crowd and to dream. And in a world where they are so many things to distract you, it's important to know your heart and find your passion in life.

I've Never Been To Me - Charlene
This is a great song! It's a brutally honest song about a girl who went for the wrong things in life and sharing her experience about how she tried to find paradise in the wrong things and regretted it because she never found herself. I recommend listening to it. Superb. Quite a touching song, reminds us to live life the right way. =)

Army (Ex Wallaby)> Breakaway - Kelly Clarkson
Now is a beautiful song too! Same theme. I realized I really like songs that have this theme of standing out, believing and so on. I really think I can't identify with those angry songs. I used to think I didn't like those heavy metal or rock, but actually i'm okay as long as they have good, positive lyrics. Just that most of the don't have.

I was in Australia and I kept listening to this song, either that or it was in my head. But I had a good time in Australia during Army so it's a nice song to revisit.

Post Army, Pre-university> Chu Lu - Dong Li Huo Che
This was probably the 'darkest' period in my life where I went through alot, because of stupid choices I made. Those closer to me knew what happened and really, it was the point in my life where I was the lowest, near emotional death that type. Lie on sofa and wait for time to pass.
But if not for this, I might have never known my God =)

1st term in University(Aug 2005 onward)> Holy - City Harvest Church
Haha.. I began going to church during this time. I thought it was a good song, and the friend who brought me to church gave me a copy of cross album. And well the rest is history.

Honestly, I haven't looked back till a few months back where I chanced upon my old diary.

One thing I have to say: When they say God will change our lives, they're not kidding. Ha...

No comments: