New Sites

Hey readers of my blog,

I have been working on two other sites so I won't be updating this site for a while now; you can continue reading from my blogs at:

1. Dreams of Your Heart

2.Leadership With You

Thursday, January 3, 2008

1st Post of 2008

Well, 2008's here!

And I'm back too! Amidst the hurts and the pain, I sense that God is restoring me once again, to the visions I had earlier in the year, the focus that I used to have. Through this I've really learnt some stuff about myself too.. especially the about the wall i've built around myself.

Anyway thank God that He's a God of restoration; and a God of new beginnings. I see a new beginning in my heart even as the year begins, and another level with Him. Totally unexpected; the polar opposite of what I was planning, I must say... but God's way is always better.=)




I was just reading Maximised Manhood by the late Edwin Louis Cole.

Amazing book.

I think one word describes my feelings reading it: Conviction.

The book talks about how wimpy the men of our time have become, shirking responsiblity that's meant to be theirs and not leading in the family and in the church.

The broken family is often the result of the absentee and the irresponsible father who refuses to 'rise' up at home and lets his wife do what is rightfully his job.

We're responsible for what goes on in the family, what goes on in the church. We're responsible for developing our character, godliness, discipline, love for people. That's manhood for you.

Manhood is not measured by physical size, or by how loud you can shout, or how physically strong you are. It's measured by character, by spirit..

Develop capacity to handle responsiblity, because that's what God requires of you eventually. You are reponsible for everything that goes on in the household. Everything.

Ow. It took me only till chapter 3 for me to put down the book and repent before God and ask Him the grace to live it out. I realized how far off I am from the mark.

It's one of those truths that are really hard to swallow. God is holding you responsible. Don't be like Adam who pushed the blame to Eve with the "She made me do it."

God held Adam responsible.

And for me, there was this fear of picking up the book for more truths that were hard to swallow, coupled with that hunger of wanting to know more about what it takes...

Well, the hunger won out. I finished the book within 30 hours of buying it. Haha.

Anyway, it's an amazing book. Teaches you to be a real man. Read it.

As the saying goes: Male by birth, man by choice!

The ladies should read it too. Haha know what God expects of your future boyfriend or husband for that matter. Really, broken families are most often the result of the head of the household not being the man God called him to be.

Well, anyway I'm glad I'm still nowhere near that kind of responsiblity. At least I still have time to work on these areas but I mess anything else up.

I'm done with the book so it's free for borrowing. =) Priority goes to guys. Haha..

No comments: