New Sites

Hey readers of my blog,

I have been working on two other sites so I won't be updating this site for a while now; you can continue reading from my blogs at:

1. Dreams of Your Heart

2.Leadership With You

Friday, January 4, 2008

SICS Camp

Just came back from SICS Camp. It was a 2 day 1 night retreat with the people from the Special Interest Community Service Clubs from SMU. They brought the presidents of these clubs and financial secretaries together, both to brief us on the financial procedures and also to share our club vision + how SICS can help us in our daily running of our clubs.

We went to this Siloso Beach Resort. Goodness! Now I know where the school money goes to. And the dinner today was like... Confirm at least $1000 total one.

And I have such a hard time trying to get $600 for my transport for my Freshmen Orientation Camp which WAS in August 2007.

Nonetheless, it was a fruitful time. Meeting the presidents of other clubs has really opened up alot of avenues for collaborations. And we did have an interesting 4.5 hour 1st SICS AGM. I thank God for that kinda authority and influence He has given me through all these years. I think I was the one who spoke the most during the meeting, my opinions and all, that i think everyone noticed me like nobody's business. Haha.. (In fact I thought I talked too much). But no la, I had serious stuff to say.

But really most of all, I appreciated the time of fellowship I had with Xiaohui.

Xiaohui's from my church too, she's a freshmen from School of Law, and she only just joined the Exco for Uni-Y. =)

I think we really had a good heart-to-heart, spirit-to-spirit talk and shared our grievances, struggles and problems we face in the theraupetic beaches of Sentosa.( It's amazing at night.. Haha)

Interesting thing is that she had this feeling she'll be talking to me about it at the beach the day before, and ME too, this thought of talking to her regarding it came the night before! It was even in my mind: the words I was going to ask her with!

When we realized that, we knew it was God who wanted both of us to minister to one another! Amazing. Haha. Another thing: It was the same issue we were dealing with.Goodness!

Honestly I really haven't had such a talk with anyone for a long long time. But it's a great feeling, to know that there are people around whom you can be totally open with without fear of betrayal or misunderstanding or bewilderment( that includes you too, Estelle. Haha). Now as I take a step of faith to open up to people, I remember this: God not only created us for worship, but also for fellowship. We're meant to share our lives, our hopes, dreams, desires, struggles, pains with one another.

Xiaohui, you're reading this as I type. Ha.(still in camp meeting) But I must say you're a really mature girl. I think your spirituality is amazing considering your age, and your time in church. Jia you and continue growing in Him! You're terrific!

(Here's her blog:Xiaohui)

The pain is temporary, but God's way always the best. That many years we can look back together and thank God that we chose the path that was pleasing to Him. One day we'll look back, our destiny in God fulfilled, and thank God He guided us through this day.

Meanwhile, our destiny awaits. =)

No comments: