New Sites

Hey readers of my blog,

I have been working on two other sites so I won't be updating this site for a while now; you can continue reading from my blogs at:

1. Dreams of Your Heart

2.Leadership With You

Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Anatomy of my Desktop

I've been a little overwhelmed with work. I really do feel I'm not cut out for accounting. My favorite subject this semester is Marketing ( out of Marketing, Financial Markets, Income Tax and Corporate Reporting -Analysis of Financial Statements).



Financial Markets (FIIM) is at least not too bad. I think it's pretty interesting to know how the markets work.



But when you ask me about how Section 14 or how FRS 39 affects how this $249,703 is supposed to be reported, or whether is it deductible, I don't really care. Ha.. I don't like to do these. Not my passion.



Well, I'm just suffering from the consequences of bad choices. Never mind. I think I have about 5 mod not so nice mods to take. After that should be fine. Ha.. but I'm definitely NOT going to be an accountant. Unless you want my soul dead.



Anyway, after reading You the Leader by Pst Phil and particularly on the chapter that says "The Leader is Organized" , I felt challenged to be a more organized person. So now here's the anatomy of my desktop:



I only added Sun's Picture today with a: You know you can! (Inspired from the Shanghai Olympics 2007 Video), to remind myself of what she has done and to remind myself that we too, can become people of destiny!

The other are post-it Notes labelled:

Cell group to do list

School work to do list

Uni-Y(CCA) to do list

SBI!(Website) to do list

At the top of each to do list: I put a vision. Everyday when we do something, we gotta know why we're doing it, so the vision kinda reminds me of where I'm headed so that 1. What I'm doing makes sense 2. I can decide what is useful and what's not.

Important things to remember: Generally revelations to remind me. The one you see in BOLD says: " IT'S NOT ABOUT YOU!". A reminder not to be so selfish and self-centered.

Things to do today: At the beginning of the day, I'll put a list of things I want to be done by the day ( not successful all the time tho)

Today's schedule: This is my things to do from 8am to 12am. I'll put the things to do in the time I want to do them. ( still trying to follow exactly to the dot, getting there la)

Misc to do list: General things to do.


On the right side of the desktop is the list of things to do for the week. It's a program that is a calender-like thing, so I can forecast my stuff for the week.




On the top left hand corner is 4 excel files:
SMU Personal Adminstration: My course progression planning and my accumulated GPA

Website Adminstration: Income Statement and Timeline of Things to Do for my Website

Personal Expenditure: Daily Expenditure Sheet and Monthly Personal Income Statement

Life Adminstration: Goals for life and this year classified into various areas ( Spiritual, Health, Material, Financial, etc)


Haha.. it might seem a little overwhelming and a little extreme for some people. But I think it's good. It keeps my life in order and so the saying goes, those who fail to plan, plan to fail.

Chance favors the prepared.=)


Ha.. okay, anyway I'm just needed a little time to relax, so well.. The desktop seemed something interesting to blog about. Ha...

No comments: