New Sites

Hey readers of my blog,

I have been working on two other sites so I won't be updating this site for a while now; you can continue reading from my blogs at:

1. Dreams of Your Heart

2.Leadership With You

Monday, October 29, 2007

God's love

I was just having a conversation with a friend some time back:

"Oh, I could never be a Christian. I'm not qualified. You guys(church friends) are too nice!"

It's very flattering to hear that ... but I just had to clarify with her.

I think alot of people think that because as a Christians, they have to be nice people. They have to help people. They have to care for other people. And since they feel they're not very nice people, therefore they can't be Christians.

That's not true.

I'm not a nice person because as a Christian I have to. God never forces anyone to have to.
It's a want to.

When we spend time with God, God just pours out His love so much that there is an overflow of it. He makes us want to be good to the people around us as we experience His love.

Hmm, think of it this way. Like it's always generally the people who have loving families; they tend to grow up to be more caring, more loving toward others. But for most Asian families our parents are not like that. Another example will be girlfriend/boyfriend. Like when you first get attached, you're just smiling from ear to ear ( until reality strikes. Ha).

In God's terms, it's called the joy of the Lord. The radiance you see in some people. People who are smiling from ear to ear everyday that it makes some people even irritated. Haha. People who are so passionate about life and every single thing that they do. ( I'm thinking Xinhong here. Haha)

Well, though God's love is incomparable with human love, but we can get a rough idea about what it means to have the love of God in our lives. It's not the same because people can love for the wrong reasons, seemingly 'love' for something in return, but God's love is like a father's/mother's love. Unconditional. ( Though even not all parents would love unconditionally)

People may change, but God's love remains the same. From our youth to our old age.

So in summary: Christians don't try to earn their salvation by doing nice things. They do good things because of what God has done for them already.

Anyone is qualified. Ha..

No comments: