New Sites

Hey readers of my blog,

I have been working on two other sites so I won't be updating this site for a while now; you can continue reading from my blogs at:

1. Dreams of Your Heart

2.Leadership With You

Sunday, October 7, 2007

Superb Sunday=)

This sunday was Vision sharing weekend for our church. It's great to take stock of what CHC is doing in the community and in the mission field in Asia. It's truly an honor to be part of this ...

Sun came to service today! Every time I see her, I remind myself that our sacrifice to God in our youth is never in vain.

Everytime I take a good look at her, I tell myself this: "One day you'll be a person of destiny like Sun. One day you'll stand on the world stage, bring the values and beliefs of the Kingdom into places where no preacher can go. One day you'll be history maker as well!"

Same to all you guys out there. Keep running. Don't stop. Don't look back. Take stock. Redeem the time.

I was just thinking to myself as Pastor Kong was sharing about the various community work that our church leaders are engaged in:
-Sun is doing her humanitarian work in China, building 4 primary schools in the rural parts of China, setting up music schools..
-Pst Tan is in charge of City Harvest Community Services Association, People of Destiny ( a center for Youth at risk), Social Innovations Center( For Social Entrepreurship).
-Pst Derek is in charge MS Care( Multiple Sclerosis)
-Principal Kenny Low is in charge of City Harvest Education Center and O school, a dance school for youth at risk.

And me? I'm in charge of Uni-Y! Haha for all you who don't know, Uni-Y does Community Service, Overseas CIP and Social Entreprise. I tell myself: I must do it as well as my pastors and church leaders! Excellence! Haha v inspired. Although its not in a sense recognized in the church, but it is ministry as to the Lord nonetheless! =)

As the Bible says in Matthew 25:35-36,40
for I was hungry and you gave Me food; I was thirsty and you gave Me drink; I was a stranger and you took Me in; I was naked and you clothed Me; I was sick and you visited Me; I was in prison and you came to Me.'... ‘Assuredly, I say to you, inasmuch as you did it to one of the least of these My brethren, you did it to Me.’

-----
Today they also screened the 'I know I can' video in church; but even though it was like my 6-7th watching the video.. I almost teared again. Ha.. I'm just very touched by the courage and perseverance of these people.

But yet many are rich, have become wealthy, and have need of nothing’—and do not know that you are wretched, miserable, poor, blind, and naked—" ( Rev 3:17)

So many people have much more than those in the video, proper working limbs, proper thinking processes, but yet, never had the kind of courage and determination and purpose that those in the video have. Sometimes I do wonder who's better off.

Let's be people of destiny. Let's work on our daily habits. Let's become people of excellence.

Let's not live life like its a Mon,Tue,Wed, Thurs,Fri,Sat,Sun, Mon cycle. The "Sian, it's monday again syndrome.."

Our time more correctly is represented by:" Oct 8 2007, Oct 9 2007, Oct 10 2007,..."
Let's live life like it's never going to turn back again...
-----
And here's a great song by Annabel, called Blue Sky to end it off. Take time to listen to it and let the lyrics soak in. =) We need more songs like this nowadays...




IN EVERY HEARTBEAT
LIES A DREAM OF GREATNESS
AND DEEP INSIDE US
TREASURES UNFOLD
REACHING FOR THE STARS
THAT SHINES ABOVE
I WANNA LIVE MY LIFE FOR ALL ITS WORTH

EVERY SUNRISE
DAWNS A NEW BEGINNING
AND WHEN THE NIGHT COMES
A FIRE BURNS WITHIN
EVERYDAY I LIVE I WANNA GIVE
THE VERY BEST OF ME
SO LET THE DREAMS WITHIN
COME ALIVE

FLYING TO THE BLUE SKY
SOARING HIGH ABOVE
EVERY CLOUD EVERY MOUNTAIN
IS A NEW HORIZON
FLYING TO THE BLUE SKY
REACH FOR SOMETHING MORE
AND THROUGH IT ALL
I WILL STAND TALL
I WON’T GIVE UP
I AM STRONGER THAN BEFORE

I’LL CROSS THE LINE
LEAVE MY FEARS BEHIND
EACH STEP I TAKE
I’LL REACH FOR GREATER HEIGHTS
FOR IN THE END
DESTINY IS IN MY HANDS
THIS IS MY CHANCE
I’LL GIVE THE BEST I CAN

No comments: