New Sites

Hey readers of my blog,

I have been working on two other sites so I won't be updating this site for a while now; you can continue reading from my blogs at:

1. Dreams of Your Heart

2.Leadership With You

Sunday, October 28, 2007

My second second Birthday: Two years in Christ.

I refer to my entry written exactly one year ago in my older blog:
http://yihan90.blogspot.com/2006_10_01_archive.html

Seriously if you don't have time don't go and read it. It was quite a long post. But I think if I read it now I might not recognize myself. Ha..

( Edit: Okay, I just went to take a look at my older blog post. Nah. The theology is still the same. Ha. My thinking in those areas are pretty much the same. The difference now is I don't make it into some theory or theology, but I have applied those beliefs into my life: on purpose, on love)

( FYI: Most people closer to me today don't know the existence of the previous blog which I stopped writing after Jan 2007. Well, I guess it's a good place for me to track my progress from the first few months as a Christian. Feel free to read it.)

I think I've really grown alot since Oct 29 2006. Not so much in the area of passion, I remember as a younger Christian I was really excited about everything that God had to offer and I would love praying and spending time in His presence. Not that I'm old now. Ha. 2 years is not old, typically.

I still am around there, maybe I have dipped abit in this area. But I definitely have grown to depend on God much more. I now really can't live without prayer. Though many times I still lapse in this area and don't pray coz too tired. I need to work on this area.

And I've grown in the area of wisdom and self-confidence. I wouldn't call it self-confidence. I'll call it God-confidence. My confidence is not found in myself, but found in God. It's not about who I am or what I can do, but who God is and what He can do.

The fact I can speak without stammering, without making a fool of myself like last time. Without getting the jitters like last time. I remember in Year 1 I used to be SUPER nervous when I go up to speak, so nervous that the audience knows.

But there's just this peace in God. The peace, the serene confidence that nothing can stand in your way. That I can do all things through Christ. Actually now I still do get a little nervous, and stammer sometimes, but that's because of inadequate preparation. Ha...

Anyway I heard nervousness is good. Keeps you on the ball and from complacency.

As for wisdom: I guess it's through experience in dealing with people. Through extensive reading and then seeing it happen in real life actually helped me in growing. I love reading. There's a thirst for greater knowledge, greater revelation inside me. Everyday nowadays I'll be reading something without fail. On top of the Bible lah. That one don't count.

But I don't just do reading. I fill my iTunes with podcasts on topics from sermons by Pastor Phil, Pastor Ulf, Ravi Zacharias, Joyce Meyer, and topics like Marketing, Internet Marketing, Harvard Business Reviews. Though I must confess I have only listened to the sermons for now. Haha.. they're just soooo good.

And I notice I observe and learn from people rather quickly. The leadership methods of the cell group leaders in the church ( who are excellent leaders by the way).

And I must say God has really blessed me with leadership wisdom when it came to handling the Freshmen Orientation Camp. Fyi, it was my first ever big thing that I was in charge in. ( I used to be super introverted, lacked self-confidence kinda guy) And praise the Lord, it went pretty okay, thanks to the whole team also, but glory to God!

Hmm, what can I say?
I seemed to have run out of things to share.
Oh, School of Theology. I think that's the place that really marked my second year as a Christian.

I can't exactly pinpoint which part of me did SOT change, but one thing I guess: Building up of my spirit. All the praying and praising God in the mornings had surely increased my spiritual capacity.

The fellowship was great. SOT is really a heaven on Earth. Not because it was free from trials and troubles, but because it was filled with people who loved people, and people who loved God.

Well, here comes Year 3 as a Christian. 2 months after Year 3 as an SMU student. Haha. New visions, new dreams, greater capacity, greater faith.

My prayer for myself is that I'll achieve one of the dreams which I have had in my heart for a few months this year. I'll really chiong for that dream this year. Ha..

BUT also, that I learn to become more loving. More concerned about the people around me. More caring about the people who are hurting, and those who don't show. In the midst of 'chionging' toward the vision, I don't want to lose the more important part.

Simply to love the people around us. To be that star-thrower.

No comments: